Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Such a Good Friend...

So I've evolved in my library career and am now the director of a county law library. Since leaving public libraries, I've become an active volunteer, helping with the big book sale, counting Friends money, etc. Which is how I became the de facto Friends president for my small neighborhood library (the last one I worked at). Now, this job wouldn't be terribly taxing, but our library system's countywide Friends group is dissolving in October. This means that each individual Friends group will need to form their own nonprofit organization or be subsumed into the direction-challenged foundation. Enter the law librarian! Hey, you know things about corporations! You sit near law books! You can set up a 501(c)(3)! So now I'm drafting Articles of Incorporation, researching sales tax exemptions, and sighing heavily.

No comments: