Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The Law Library PokeStop Isn't Inside the Law Library, and Other Woes

Like all proper libraries, there is a Pokemon Go PokeStop assigned to the law library where I work. From what I've heard from staff at other libraries, it's not unusual for the PokeStop to be located right outside the doors of the library/courthouse/museum/etc. Which doesn't explain why my PokeStop is in the middle of the metered parking lot of the building next door.

Sitting inside the law library, I can access the PokeStop for my courthouse building, but the stop that is labeled Law Library is "too far away" from said library. I would ask someone to explain this to me, but I don't think anyone can. Also, frankly, I don't care that much. It's just weird and illogical to me.

IN OTHER NEWS, I am less than thrilled that Thomson Reuters/West Publishing had massive printer errors in a lot of their reporters. They're going to provide us with corrected volumes at no cost and take away the old, error-ridden ones at their expense, which is nice. What is not so great? I'll be getting around a hundred books next month. A hundred heavy print case reporters. Guess I won't have to worry about upper body workouts next month!

No comments: